5 Benefits Of Laser Dentistry
Since the invention of lasers in the 1960s, they have largely been incorporated in everyday life all across the globe. The lasers are particularly attractive to the medical experts, ranging from surgeons to dentists. A Chino dentist will tell you that laser dentistry in Chino
is not novel. It has gone one for a while, with different procedures now being more successful than ever before. Over the past couple of years, lasers have become popular in dentistry becoming commonplace for most dentists in Chino CA. If you want to know why lasers are the new best thing in dentistry, read on for that and much more.
What Is Laser Dentistry?
It is an area of dentistry that is concerned with the use of laser technology to effect change in the oral cavity. LASER is an acronym that stands for light amplification by the stimulated emission of radiation. It is a method of conducting both invasive and non-invasive treatment plans for patients most conveniently and effectively.
Lasers feature a beam of light that is focused on a central point, thanks to the fine-pointed shape of the tool. This is why a major characteristic of laser is precision, focus, and effectiveness. A dentist near you can cut and coagulate your mouth at the same time. The results are, therefore, far much better as compared to traditional methods.
Even then, many still detest the idea of using laser technology. While this concept has existed for many years, it is still taking time for all patients to be receptive of their importance is bettering dental health care.
Treatments Performed by Lasers
When lasers are used in dentistry, they can be used for two main types of procedures, that is, soft tissue and hard tissue procedures. These are the defining categories for all types of dental problems that can be treated with laser technology. Different treatments are possible through laser technology, including the following few:
- Whitening teeth – lasers are used to speed up the bleaching process, for faster and better results.
- Removing lesions and infections – lasers can be used to kill any harmful bacteria in your mouth. This means that tumors and lesions in your oral cavity can be removed with laser technology.
- Gum treatments – many gum procedures are done in dentistry. Some include reshaping the gum tissue, gum grafting, gum reduction, treating periodontitis, to mention a few.
- Tooth fillings – they are used to prepare a tooth to receive a dental filling.
- Dentin hypersensitivity – lasers help to seal tubules in the roots of sensitive teeth, hence reducing hypersensitivity.
- Detecting dental decay and cavities in the early stages.
Top 5 Benefits Of Laser Dentistry
Now that you understand what lasers are, here is a breakdown of the top 5 benefits of using them in dentistry:
- Versatility – lasers make for versatile tools to be used in dentistry. They can be used to conduct different treatments, ranging from non-invasive procedures like teeth whitening to surgical procedures like gum grafting and reshaping. A dentist near you will always find a way to make good use of the laser tools.
- Tissue protection – when a d surgical dental procedure is performed, some of the healthy tissues end up being damaged during the dental works. However, with the use of lasers, there is minimal invasion when operating on a patient. The precision offered by the focused beam of light reduces damage to the healthy tissues.
- Reduced pain and discomfort – while lasers are not painless, they are a lot more comfortable than traditional methods. Technically, precision reduces the surface of impact. This then reduces the need for local anesthesia during procedures.
- Speedy healing and recovery – once your procedure is done the only thing in your mind is the healing process. Most patients can’t wait to get back in their fit and resume their normal lives. With laser dentistry, there is less swelling and bleeding, because if minimal invasion during the procedure. This translates to a short and relatively smooth healing process as compared to traditional methods.
- Faster procedure – your treatments do not have to take an entire day before you are discharged from the dental facility. Laser tools work with precision, allowing the attending dental expert to work faster and more effectively than ever.