7 Foods that Freshen your Breath
Have you ever been sitting there doing your work or talking to someone and ask yourself, “What is that horrendous smell?” only a moment later to realize that putrid odor is your breath! Worry not we have all done that, but that doesn’t make it any less embarrassing for sure. There is more you can do than suck on mints or chew sugarless gum. Some foods actually help you get rid of bad breath. Munching these 7 foods listed below can help:
- Parsley: Parsley can provide a fresher odor to your breath similar to basil or rosemary. Especially when you are eating a dish heavy in spices like garlic consider adding some parsley to balance out the mix and save you from putrid breath. When you get parsley on the side of a dish at a restaurant, set it aside and eat it at the end of the meal to keep your breath from knocking out the next person you talk to!
- Lemons: Sucking on a lemon wedge or chewing a bit of lemon rind can help freshen breath. Adding lemon to your water can have the same effect. The Vitamin C in lemons also helps banish bad breath.
- Fresh Mint: It’s what mints are made of need we say more?
- Yogurt: Eating yogurt as part of your daily diet helps reduce the levels of hydrogen sulfide which is a key compound in what helps cause bad breath. The key is making sure it’s unsweet plain yogurt.
- Apples: An apple a day can help keep the bad breath away. It’s a crunchy fruit which helps the mouth produce more saliva to stave off the putrid odor and helps cleanse your mouth.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon can help freshen your breath and it can help provide you with better oral bacteria.
- Berries: Beyond their antioxidant powder they can help clean the mouth and ward off bad breath.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about us visit us here
or call us 909-465-1016.The Ramona Dentistry Team
“Where Family Comes First”