5 Unusual Ways to Clean Your Teeth
If you forget to pack your toothbrush it can seem disgusting to think about, let alone go without. But relax there are other ways to help yourself out in a pinch. Try these 6 unique, interesting non-toothbrush-and-toothpaste ways to clean your teeth and mouth in a pinch:
- Seek Cinnamon: Cinnamon was studied at the University of Illinois and it was found that cinnamon-flavored chewing gum helped reduce the bacteria in the mouth. Cinnamon gum contains cinnamon aldehyde which is an essential plant oil in cinnamon that helps clear the bacteria from the mouth.
- Eat Foods: That Provide Scrubbing Action: Foods that provide these scrubbing actions are firm and crisp. These foods include things like apples, carrots, celery, and unsweetened popcorn to name a few. For the best results make the “cleansing” foods the last course of your meal.
- Drink Tea: Flavonoids within the tea can help prevent harmful bacteria from sticking to the teeth, and can block the production of an additional type of sugar that contributes to cavities. Tea also provides a lot of fluoride which helps strengthen teeth.
- Use Alcohol-Free Mouthwash: Use some mouthwash after your meal that can make the world of difference Choose alcohol-free mouthwash to help avoid what some studies suggest may help increase risks of oral cancer.
- Hydrate Your Mouth: Drinking enough throughout the day can help keep your breath fresh and to keep food from building up on your teeth. This will you with provide better oral health overall.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about us visit us here
or call us 909-465-1016.The Ramona Dentistry Team
“Where Family Comes First”